Shenzhen ICIF 2010
Petralian visited the 6th Shenzhen International Cultural Industries Fair
From 14 to 17 May, Shenzhen hosted the 6th Chinese International Cultural Industries Fair and we decided to go have a peek. The ICIF was an interesting experience, we discovered many creative industries in China, made new contacts in our industry and attended an interesting discussion / presentation where several Chinese design industry related bodies asked the opinion of international experienced designers of design brand value in China. We have enjoyed the fair and hope to go again next year.
More info about ICIF
The Shenzhen International Cultural Industries Fair (ICIF) is the only state-leveled, international and cultural industries fair in China and is hosted by the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Commerce, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, the General Administration of Press and Publication of the P.R. China, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Guangdong Provincial People’s Government and Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government.
The 6th ICIF was held during 14th-17th (Friday-Monday), May 2010 in the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center, China. and consisted of six sections including Exhibition and Trade, Forums, Awards, ICIF Art Festival, Online Exhibition and Talent Recruitment.
There were eight halls in total for the 6th ICIF exhibition:
- Cultural Industries Projects Trading Hall (Hall 1) which had many provinces of China that had their own booths presenting the provincial specialties, tourism and culture.
- The Creative Living Hall (Hall 2) with booths presenting gifts from different cultures not restricted to China only.
- New Media, Movies, Television and Animation Hall (Hall 3) had several Chinese radio and tv stations presenting themselves as well as some overseas companies looking to approach the Chinese market. It also had several online game companies presenting their products.
- Performance Industry Hall (Hall 4) which had all sorts of national performing programs, training and equipment for display and sale.
- Creative Design Hall (Hall 6), the for us most interesting hall had several bigger Chinese companies active in the design industry. Wacom was there for example trying to promote their products in China and some design companies who evolved into creative resource gathering and directory of Chinese creative industry.
- Press and Publication Hall (Hall 7) had several companies presenting their products, Heidelberg was there presenting their new 5 color press with drying tunnel and another Chinese company of which the name I did not remember.
- Art Hall (Hall 8) had many worldwide artists displaying their art.
- Arts and Crafts Hall (Hall 9) had several national treasures on display from different counties, and was also divided into smaller sections displaying arts and crafts.