4 simple tips to improve your website SEO search engine ranking
How to improve my website SEO (search engine optimization)? Keep the following tips in mind while building new pages to greatly enhance how your website is read by search engines and improve its organic SEO ranking.
Here are some tips:
Avoid images that have non-selectable text in it.If there is no way around it, make sure your image has a good ALT tag which explains what the image is about. If you want to learn more about how to format your image for website publishing look no further as Google’s own guidelines: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016.
Make use of structured headings and sub headings.Just like writing a word document with an H1 and H2, your website can tell search engines how to read your website. Start with the page title, then work your way down to an H1 which contains the most important “clue” of the page, then H2 for a sub title, H3 for sub sub titles, etc.
Avoid stuffing your website pages with keywordsMaking use of keywords is great but you should avoid stuffing keywords on your page. Stuffing keywords is super annoying and makes a page less natural to read. Google really does insist on nice, readable text, informative and easy to digest. You can consider this rule of thumb about how to build your page.
- If the keyword is not on your page, it won’t rank well for that keyword. Fix it by including the keyword strategically on your page.
- If the keyword is not in the title of your page, it is harder to rank. A good title is very important and the title cannot be longer as 60 characters or it will be truncated. Make sure the first part of your title contains the important stuff.
- If the keyword is not in the URL, it is harder to rank. If you want to rank your page for “website SEO”, having a URL like http://www.petralian.com/blog/seo/4-simple-tips-improve-website-seo-search-engine-ranking which includes the keyword will greatly improve the ranking.
- If the keyword is not in the headers, it is harder to rank. The H1 of this page is “blog” and the H2 is the blog title “4 simple tips to improve your website SEO search engine ranking”.
- If the keyword is not strategically used in the page it belongs to, it is harder to rank.